According to a study by Mediakix, people spend an average of 35 minutes everyday on Facebook. Last June, Facebook reported that they crossed a milestone of 2 billion monthly-active users.
If you are already taking part in paid acquisition and still wondering how you should take advantage of the oppotunities offered by various social channels, grab a cuppa and take five minutes to read our five top tips.
1. Leverage the power of Facebook ad targeting
One of the biggest advantages of advertising on Facebook is the ability to target specific groups of highly engaged people.
- Location targeting allows you to reach customers in key locations by country, state/province, city and postcode.
- As an advertiser, you can refine your ad's target audience based on content people have shared about themselves in their Facebook profiles, such as age, gender, relationship status, education and type of work they do.
- Interest targeting lets you define your ideal audience by their interests, hobbies and pages they like on Facebook.
- Behaviors are activities that people do on or off Facebook that inform on the device they're using, purchase behaviors or intents, travel preferences and more.
- Custom Audiences lets you target Facebook Ads to existing customers or prospects using information you already have (more details below).
2. Target Your Existing Customers with Custom Audiences
If you already have your own database of customers (email, phone number, address), you’re able to upload it onto the MakeMeReach platform and it will automatically match the people on your list to people on Facebook.
Using a Custom Audience is the best way for you to reach new or potential customers with current sales and promotions.
You can create your Custom Audiences using the following:
- Your customer file, e.g. a list of Facebook users’ IDs, emails,phone numbers, etc
- Your website traffic, e.g. visitors of www.makemereach.com for the past 180 days
- Mobile app activity, e.g. people that have registered in your application
- Your product interactions, e.g remarketing for people that added to card for the past 180 days
- Your service interactions, e.g remarketing for people that searched a specific destination for the past 180 days
- Engagement activities on Facebook, e.g. people that have interacted with a video, a canvas, a lead form, a page or your messenger.
3. Create a List of Clones Based on Your Existing Customers with Lookalike Audiences
Lookalike Audiences is a way to reach new people who are likely to be interested in your business because they're similar to your existing customers. At the core of all lookalike audiences is a source audience upon which you build a lookalike audience. Facebook takes all of the data points of your source audience and finds new, similar people using a set percentage sample (which you specify) of the population in your chosen country.
Facebook will look at all the profile data of the people in your custom audience and create a new list of Facebook users that share similar interests and demographics.
Lookalikes generally are the best performing type of targeting in any campaign that we have run.
4. Run your ads on both Facebook and Instagram
Instagram is one of the available placements for your Facebook campaigns, using the same targeting capabilities and algorithms.. It is highly recommended to combine Facebook and Instagram in the same adset so that Facebook can optimize and find the people that are most likely to conduct a certain action across these placements. The MakeMeReach platform provides a media cropping tool for you to quickly adopt the same images from Facebook to Instagram.
You don't even need an Instagram account to reap the rewards this ad fromat has to offer!
Running ads across multiple placements should provide lower cost per outcome than advertising on a single platform or even trying to manually allocate budget across platforms.
5. Test multiple ads with Split Testing
The split testing feature helps you avoid overlapping the targeting of two or more campaigns/adsets. This is especially useful for cases such as:
- A/B testing to test which ad, bid optimization, etc, works better on a certain population.
- Avoid the overlap of two campaigns which have a high chance of targeting the same population
When you use this feature for A/B testing, you need to create at least two campaigns/adsets with the same target audience.
You can also test different creatives in the same campaign. For that, you first run small amount campaigns leveraging different formats or creatives so you can evaluate which ones perform better and then reallocate your campaign budget with that information in mind.
With MakeMeReach's unique creative editor, equipped with advanced design and editing tools, you can maximize the visual effectiveness of all your campaigns.
From targeting to creatives, the possibilities of Facebook ads are key to developing a strong social ads strategy. With the MakeMeReach platform you can take your social ads to the next level!
About Anne Tirmont Marketing and Communication Manager, Anne, never ceases to amaze the team at MakeMeReach. Despite organising various events for our clients all over the world, she still finds the time to write some inspired blogposts on the most exciting social ad tech news.All posts by Anne Tirmont
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Receive our new articles as it happens