Here at MakeMeReach we love Instagram. What started as a simple app for photo editing, has become a powerful platform for social sharing and visual interaction. Boasting 813 million monthly active users worldwide, as of April 2018, and 2 million advertisers (as of September 2017), Instagram offers the same powerful targeting tools as Facebook.
With higher per-post engagement rates than other social platforms and a higher average order value than Facebook , it’s crucial you include Instagram in your marketing mix. Many of our clients, including M&Ms, Ikea and Disney have seen great success with Instagram ads.
1. Instagram Photo Ads
2. Instagram Canvas Ads
Canvas is an interactive, full screen ad experience developed specifically by Facebook for mobile devices. The immersive format helps advertisers to achieve any objective by offering businesses a digital surface on which to paint their multimedia stories. The canvas experience is initiated with a click on a news feed ad. Canvas is available both within the Instagram News Feed and Instagram Stories.
The ad format’s release on Instagram, back in November 2017, offers businesses possibilities to reach their advertising objectives such as growing their website traffic or increasing their brand awareness.
3. Instagram Carousel Ads
4. Instagram Video Ads
- Remember to include the “hook” right at the beginning to capture the viewer’s attention
- A best practice is to use captions for audio-off viewing
- Keep your video ads short and sweet (if your video is too long you will lose the viewer’s attention).
5. Instagram Stories Ads
- Start with the main message: it should be shown within the first 3 seconds of your ad
- Use a simple concept and clear branding: remember an Instagram Story can only be up to 15 seconds long.
- Add the graphics and text to your video before posting it: that way you can check that everything fits with the aesthetics of your ad
- Consider your call-to-action: leave enough time to read the message on the screen. Make sure it is clearly tied to your overall offer
- You can now include a link to an external site: for example a product page of dedicated landing page.
We've launched a new guide to help you get the best out of the summer sales period! With tips on which Instagram and Facebook ad formats to use, as well as what makes this time of year special - you don't want to miss out on this ultimate guide! Download here or at the link below.
About Joe Sweeney CMO here at MakeMeReach, Joe is a words guy. Joe's a digital marketer who believes in the power of quality content to start great conversations between consumers and brands. He also hosts our weekly Facebook Live!All posts by Joe Sweeney
Subscribe to our Blog
Receive a summary of our new articles once a week